VMware Support Community
Vikramnaidu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to Add the vCenter server getting Error. ( Couldn't create collection task to test endpoint. -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> Error communicating to the remote server )

Hi Skyline Team,

Good Day!

One of my Skyline collector was working fine earliear . But some days back i am unable to see the Datacenter under Advisor portal.

Hence i tryed to add the same but i am getting error as i have attached here. I am facing this same issues some months back as well.

Also shared the Collector detauls by using Smart sheet.

Error: ( where ever i have marked yellow colour its my vCenter server name.)

Couldn't create collection task to test endpoint. -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> Error communicating to the remote server https://VCSA.XXX.com:7444/sts/STSService -> Error communicating to the remote server https://VCSA.XXX.com:7444/sts/STSService -> HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching VCSA.XXX.com found. -> java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching

1. VCSA.XXX.com found. -> No subject alternative DNS name matching VCSA.XXX.com found.

Regards,

Vikram Naidu. N

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Debashish_Rath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Vikram Naidu,

It seems to be something to do with Certificate as its not matching with the Certificate you have on the vCenter Server. Please try to use FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name ) of the vCenter instead of IP address.

Please select the Custom SSO configuration if you are using an External PSC. 

Sincerely, Debashish Kumar Rath SkyLine Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Debashish_Rath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Vikram Naidu,

It seems to be something to do with Certificate as its not matching with the Certificate you have on the vCenter Server. Please try to use FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name ) of the vCenter instead of IP address.

Please select the Custom SSO configuration if you are using an External PSC. 

Sincerely, Debashish Kumar Rath SkyLine Support Moderator
0 Kudos