VMware Support Community
SpatialAge
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble adding vCenter to Skyline

I'm having issues trying to add my vCenter to Skyline. It appears to be connecting to the vCenter itself since it barks about the self-signed certificate, but when I accept the cert and continue I get this error:

Endpoint test failed. Error message: Couldn't create PropertyCollector facade for getting the VC UUID -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> General failure. -> Internal server error

I've added a separate user to AD for this purpose and they have been added to the Read-Only group in vCenter, but no luck. Even using different accounts with more permissions has failed with the same error, so I'm thinking it isn't an account error but a process error on my part. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

We will need to check your environment to analyze the issue, i have sent you an private message with my email, please let us know your contact details and availability over private message. We will contact you accordingly.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
SpatialAge
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry if this should be obvious but I'm not seeing any private message function. If that would have been via email I'll check my spam folders, but I haven't seen anything.

0 Kudos
SpatialAge
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind, I found it. (The private message, not the solution)

0 Kudos
RVLNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure how you got on with this one, but I had the same issue, I managed to get my VC added using only the IP address in the fields that reference the VC including the custom SSO domain fields. Good luck.

0 Kudos