Got the same error after upgrading one of my connection servers from 2111 to 2306. Couldn't find any issues on the server and the only thing I could find after searching the error was your post. Ended up restoring both connection servers to a pre-upgrade snapshot. Any luck on your end?
Here the same problem. Removed any LoadBalancer and Alias in the system und directly connect to one Connection Server.
Then it will work again, but VMware ticket opened because without LB it is not necessary to have two CS 😄
Yes, Netscaler ADC as free version.
Same here. Never a problem till 8.10.
But I had a Call yesterday with VMware and maybe we solved it: It is an old problem, new function, whatever. Now they activated this, or lets say they deactivated other ways.
This solved the problem: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/85801
My clients were getting the error 421 when trying to connect to a connection server after upgrading from 2303 to 2306. My connection servers use round robin DNS. To correct the problem I renamed the locked.properties on each server and then in the admin console I enabled Host Redirection and added the main DNS name on each server. After rebooting everything worked.
Error 421 during an update of VMware Horizon Connection Server typically indicates that the server's resources are unavailable, and the update process cannot proceed.
Check memory/disk spaces. Also try to disable antivirus/firewall on the server.
This worked for me as well. Unfortunately, this (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/85801) did not resolve my issues after upgrading. I added every portalHost possible to the locked.properties as we run 2 UAG's set in HA mode.
Take a look at the Connection Server logs:
2021-09-24T22:05:34.737-07:00 ERROR (1B08-1A58) <SimpleDeamonThread> [h] (ajp:admin:Request190) Unexpected Origin: https://newname.net
The Unexpected Origin line will show you which portaHost entry is missing.
Also take a look at:
Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) with Horizon 8 and loadbalanced HTML5 access. (85801)
Unified Access Gateway(UAG):HTML Access fails with "Failed to connect to the Connection Server" (2151877)
i just struggled with this error for a few hours but wondering why isn't the documentation easier to address this issue?
the allowUnexpectedHost parametter did not work for me as everyone like to say.
my horizon architecture consist of 3 connection servers and a loadbalancer (fortinet)
What worked for me is editing the file
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\sslgateway\conf\locked.properties
On every connection server :
just add or create a new file (in our config there wasn't this file)
portalHost.1 = YOUR_CONNECTIONSERVER HOSTNAME
portalHost.2 = YOUR_CONNECTIONSERVER FQDN
portalHost.3 = YOUR_CONNECTIONSERVER IPADDRESS
portalHost.4 = YOUR_LOADBALANCER HOSTNAME
portalHost.5 = YOUR_LOADBALANCER FQDN
portalHost.6 = YOUR_LOADBALANCER IPADDRESS
Save & Restart Connexionserver service , wait until the other services are started and wait for tomcat process to stop freezing the cpu.
Retry the connection