VMware Support Community
nitinkumar4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline hung at web GUI after reboot

I have installed Skyline collector 1.4 but after reboot the it is hung at web GUI.

After providing the credentials and clicking on login it does not go further.

Any idea guys??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Nitin,

I believe something is wrong with the Collector, If the vCenter Server is already registered as an Endpoint with the Collector then unregister the Collector, Shutdown Collector > Delete Current Collector from the Inventory and re-deploy the Collector while deploying you can use the same IP address or different.

That should take care of the issue, Let us know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Nitin,

Welcome to Communities,

That's an unexpected behavior, please try to launch Collector admin page from a different browser else reboot the Collector once again and then try to Login.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
nitinkumar4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did the reboot multiple times. Also  I have tried in different browsers but no luck.

Also the collector is reachable over network.

Nitin

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Nitin,

I believe something is wrong with the Collector, If the vCenter Server is already registered as an Endpoint with the Collector then unregister the Collector, Shutdown Collector > Delete Current Collector from the Inventory and re-deploy the Collector while deploying you can use the same IP address or different.

That should take care of the issue, Let us know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with.

0 Kudos
nitinkumar4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have tried the reinstallation part twice but still, the issue is the same.  However, I will try it once again and update you.

Nitin

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Nitin,

Thank you for your response. We will wait to hear back from you.

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Nitin,

Hope you are doing well.

Just wanted to follow up.

Please let me know if you need any assistance is configuring on registering Skyline appliance.

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos