VMware Support Community
SOMVCOE
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline collector will not start after upgrading from version 2.0 to 2.3

Receive error:  ERROR [qtp1852661033-14] c.v.f.c.c.SkylineCollector [SkylineCollector.java:245] [] Couldn't download manifests. Collector can't be started. Returning to state: STATE_STOPPED

Networking was missing and had to be reset.  Above error was received after restart and accessing the collector.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello SOMVCOE​,

In this scenario request you to attempt a reboot of the collector post 6 hours from now, it should start the services without any issues.

The error received is because of the cloud communication where the issue prevents the collector from downloading the configuration from the cloud.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JPM00
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same issue with the IP, subnet, and default gateway being lost after rebooting after the 2.3 upgrade.  Support said it was a known issue and will be resolved soon.  I rebooted 3 times before it finally saved it.

ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello SOMVCOE​,

Welcome to Skyline Communities.

This is a known issue affecting Skyline version 2.3.

Skyline Collector 2.3 Auto Upgrade Bug

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
SOMVCOE
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I do not see the problem with the collector not starting as being part of the bug with the networking being removed.  I was able to do the work around in order to reestablish the network settings.  Collector would still not start even though it accessible on network.

0 Kudos
Kasey00
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also had the same issue with the IP, subnet, and default gateway being lost after rebooting after the 2.2 upgrade.

chat avenue pcloud

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello SOMVCOE​,

In this scenario request you to attempt a reboot of the collector post 6 hours from now, it should start the services without any issues.

The error received is because of the cloud communication where the issue prevents the collector from downloading the configuration from the cloud.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos