VMware Support Community
jhyiesla
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline and AD login not working

I'm just starting with Skyline 1.3. I've got it configured and working and am trying to set it up to user AD. I have tried with the IP and the FQDN of one of my DCs. I am using port 389 and specifying my domain name. I've specified  Domain Admins as well as my unique user ID and when I go to Set the AD Config, that seems to work. I do not get any errors.  However, if I try and login with my user id either as UserID, domain name\userID or userID@domainname.com I get invalid credentials.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand that you have issues with AD login. Skyline supports only Kerberos (GSSAPI) for AD integration . If  AD don’t support it, login would fail.Please confirm whether kerberos authentication is supported on your AD.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand that you have issues with AD login. Skyline supports only Kerberos (GSSAPI) for AD integration . If  AD don’t support it, login would fail.Please confirm whether kerberos authentication is supported on your AD.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
jhyiesla
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I tell?

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the response.You might to check with your AD team to confirm the supported methods.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos