VMware Support Community
TheKenApp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline advisor not collecting logs, and issue with VC_Events endpoint

Last week we upgraded our vCenter appliance from 6.5 to 6.7U3b

Upon checking the Skyline appliance, the Skyline collector was no longer working.

I removed the vCenter server from Skyline, and re-added it again.

I needed to update the vsphere.local\skyline account password, as well as the admin and root passwords of the skyline appliance.

There are a couple of issues regarding functionality of Skyline:

1. Endpoint VC_EVENTS reports: “This endpoint has been disabled by VMware”. Is this normal? Any information I find regarding this appears to have been resolved in an earlier version of Skyline.
  2. The Skyline Advisor reports that our environment is “Healthy”. The inventory of VSphere objects is listed in the Skyline Advisor. However, Log Assist reports: “The necessary privileges required for Log Assist to work are not granted to the Skyline service account. Please revalidate after making necessary changes. I verified that the skyline collector read-only role that was created when skyline was first deployed, and assigned to the vsphere.local\skyline account, is correct as per https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/59661. So I revalidated, but still have the same issue that logs cannot be collected.

This morning, I upgraded the Skyline Appliance from 2.2.0.0 Build 14617436 to 2.3.0.2 Build 15347811, hoping this would resolve these issues, but it didn't.

I am not sure how to resolve this issue, and would appreciate assistance. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

VC_EVENTS is disabled for now by Skyline engineering globally for all Skyline collectors and it is normal. Once you create a role as per KB 59661, make sure to click Global permissions and apply this role to the vCenter user name used for Skyline configuration. If the issue persists, please share your details using the link below for assistance.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9e31b64730f2419ba2aa50f6c72e66a3

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

VC_EVENTS is disabled for now by Skyline engineering globally for all Skyline collectors and it is normal. Once you create a role as per KB 59661, make sure to click Global permissions and apply this role to the vCenter user name used for Skyline configuration. If the issue persists, please share your details using the link below for assistance.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9e31b64730f2419ba2aa50f6c72e66a3

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
TheKenApp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am not sure why, but I was able to re-validate the collector for the necessary privileges required for Log Assist today.

Nothing changed in our vSphere environment and Skyline appliance, but it works now.

0 Kudos