VMware Support Community
SirHaschke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Skyline Upgrade

Hi,

actually we use Skyline 2.3.0.2 Build 15347811.
Is this the actuall Version?
Because i get a mail with this:

We are pleased to announce the
latest release of Skyline Advisor with new features and enhancements that many
customers have requested. The Advisor 4.2 release includes:

Under downloads i found only V. 2.3.

If i try to upgrade automatically i get this:

Skyline.JPG
Is there another way to upgrade??

Regards
Dennis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

The email you have received refers to the new features of Skyline Advisor 4.2. You don't have to update it since it is automatically updated by the Skyline Engineering team on the Web based Portal used to view Recommendations / Log Assist. When you login to the URL 'skyline.vmware.com/advisor', you will be accessing the latest Advisor version. The screenshot which you have shared refers to the Skyline collector version (2.3.0.2) which is the latest and there are no updates after this, You can ignore the error message. The error displayed is a known issue and our engineering team is working on this.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bakins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same exact skyline build and the same error message that you do.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

The email you have received refers to the new features of Skyline Advisor 4.2. You don't have to update it since it is automatically updated by the Skyline Engineering team on the Web based Portal used to view Recommendations / Log Assist. When you login to the URL 'skyline.vmware.com/advisor', you will be accessing the latest Advisor version. The screenshot which you have shared refers to the Skyline collector version (2.3.0.2) which is the latest and there are no updates after this, You can ignore the error message. The error displayed is a known issue and our engineering team is working on this.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As per screenshot the showing correct version and build number and this the latest version. You not need to update as skyline advisor. This will update automatically from VMware portal when available. You can safely ignore it.

If this help you  please mark helpful or correct.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos