VMware Support Community
JPM00
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Log Assist leaving support bundles behind

I've been using Log Assist to make collecting and uploading log bundles easier, but we have noticed that once the process finishes, it leaves the bundles for a vCenter Appliance in the /storage/log partition.  After a few Log Assists, this partition fills up because the bundles are not removed.

I would have expected that once Log Assist completes the upload to the support ticket, that it would remove the bundle from the appliance so it doesn't fill up. That does not appear to be the case in my environment.  Should it?  I created a custom role in vCenter Global Permissions for Skyline using the documentation so it only has mostly read-only permissions, so if it needs something else to be able to remove the file, I would be happy to add it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello JPM00

Welcome to Skyline Community!

There is a known issue with a vCenter versions 6.5 and 6.7, which affects the way LogAssist requests are handled, it would be resolved in the next major vCenter release. Unfortunately, there is not workaround other than manually deleting the files.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello JPM00

Welcome to Skyline Community!

There is a known issue with a vCenter versions 6.5 and 6.7, which affects the way LogAssist requests are handled, it would be resolved in the next major vCenter release. Unfortunately, there is not workaround other than manually deleting the files.

0 Kudos
JPM00
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is it also leaving log bundles behind on the individual hosts or only on the vCenter Appliances?

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello JPM00

The Issue is at vCenter level only. It is related to how an API call handled against a regular call from a vSphere client.

It should not impact any operations between vCenter and ESXi host.

0 Kudos