Greetings all. Still having difficulties getting Log Assist to recognize sufficient privileges for the feature to be enabled. This week even freshly deployed a v2.7 collector and linked to vROps, during which process deleted the former service account and started with a freshly cloned role and then added all privileges required in KB (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/59661) (including the Cryptographic options since this is on a vSAN (encrypted) stretched cluster).
Any ideas on whats missing here? Attaching images for clarity.
thank you for your reply. i noticed that privilege was missing just a bit ago and have added it. also, usage was defined at the datacenter level, rather than the vcenter level, so that has been adjusted, as well. i didnt realize it was going to take so long to reflect the changes, as skyline-advisor was showing successful updates every twenty minutes or so- id restarted the collectors and went back to see if the 'insufficient privileges' notice had gone away, but it had not. ill check again in a few hours as has been suggested. will update with status upon confirmation; thanks again.
Thank you for the update.
Please find the steps below to manually re-validate account permissions.