VMware Support Community
SeanJohnson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Findings showing invalid version

I ran skyline a few months ago before upgrading esxi host, vcenter etc ( 6.0 to 6.5u2) . However it is still showing critical errors which can be resolved by a patch on our previous version.(6.0)

The Skyline appliance was powered off during the upgrade time, and is now running. The collector has been going for a couple of days, and the findings show a recent date.

Ideas?

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello SeanJohnson,

Welcome to Skyline Community

It is unlikely the findings are cached, the findings are generated every 2 days, the old findings would be cleared

The findings are pointing for 2 inventory objects, please check the inventory objects and verify if the objects are updated. 

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SeanJohnson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For clarity.

SKyline Advisor installed while running esxi6.0. We now have esxi 6.5. Am now re-running Skyline again. It is still finding issues but the critical issues it finds that have a recommendation to install a 6.0 update are not valid recommendations as we aren't running that version any longer.

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello SeanJohnson,

Welcome to Skyline Community

It is unlikely the findings are cached, the findings are generated every 2 days, the old findings would be cleared

The findings are pointing for 2 inventory objects, please check the inventory objects and verify if the objects are updated. 

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Sean,

It is likely the object is not updated, hence the message.

I will send you my contact detail over a private message, we can set up a remote session and discuss further.

0 Kudos
SeanJohnson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sounds good.

Or you can email me directly at sj@ece.ufl.edu.

Thanks

-Sean J

0 Kudos