VMware Support Community
mhughesvsh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Advisor error validating credentials

When I open Skyline Advisor I get the following error message:

There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database.

For Premier Services entitled customers (BCS/MCS/HCS/Telco), please file a Support Request under Product "Skyline Advisor" to get assistance: https://www.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help/

For Production entitlement support customers, please proceed to the Skyline communities for assistance: https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/skyline

Is there something I am missing or something else that needs to be done?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please let us know if you have completed the CSP migration. If not you need to use the option 'login using myvmware' as shown in the below screenshot.

invalid cred err.PNG

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please let us know if you have completed the CSP migration. If not you need to use the option 'login using myvmware' as shown in the below screenshot.

invalid cred err.PNG

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
mhughesvsh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

We have not completed a CSP migration, i was logging in through MyVmware.  Is the CSP migration required?

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

It is advisable to complete CSP migration though not mandatory. But first you need to upgrade your skyline collector to the latest version and then use the link below to complete CSP migration.

https://skyline.vmware.com/get-started/

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
mhughesvsh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I think I am at the latest version, currently running:  UI Version: 2.0.0.1  Collector Version: 2.0.0.1

New error message today:   Endpoints Not Working

Message VsanQueryVcClusterHealthSummary: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval;

State COLLECTION_FAILED

Payload File output_1545150109706_CdfVcExtra-VsanQueryVcClusterHealthSummary_5889101435951604858.json.gz

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have sent you a personal message to share your contact details, so that we can take a webex session to work on this issue.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please update the status and let me know if any assistance is required on this issue.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
dlwhite
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having this same issue.  I have done the complete migration.  I created my organization and then did a migration to get my collector associated.  When I go to view my Organization and then go to services, it shows Skyline Advisor and Skyline Collector.  When I click on Skyline Advisor is when I get the original message in this post.

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have sent you a private message to share your phone number and availabality for a webex session to work on the issue, please respond.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos