VMware Support Community
bsautter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline 1.4 no networking detected.

What is the default login id and password to be able to access the skyline 1.4 box to be able to run the requested configuration script.   This product is useless when asking to open web browser to 0.0.0.0 to configure.

Please help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moniblu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That might be it then, I'm not sure if the thick client does the customization required. These are the steps I didn't see when I used HTML5 in 6.5 and the appliance didn't work.

Customize the deployment of the Skyline Collector. Customization includes creating a root password and entering static IP address information (optional).

1. A root password is required. The password must be at least 8 characters long.
  2. To configure a dynamic IP address, leave all networking properties boxes empty. To configure a static IP address, enter the information specific to your network. The appliance must be able to resolve the hostnames for vCenter Server, Single Sign-On authentication, and any additional product endpoints (NSX Manager).
  3. Click Next after finishing customizing the template.

(from https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Collector/2.0/install-guide/GUID-3E762243-2F8D-4BC1-848B-F...​ )

If you aren't seeing these screens during the deployment then you might need to get the client integration to work in your vSphere web client first, and then deploy again.  Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

The issue occurs if there was an issue while deploying the OVA, the IP details are customized while deploying the OVA or if the OVA is corrupt.

I would recommend to Download the latest Skyline 2.0 Appliance and try to deploy again.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
bsautter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Downloaded the new 2.0 skyline ovf.  still have the same issue of not assigning IP address.  0.0.0.0 is not reachable.  How can I log into the unit and run the requested configuration script.

what is the local admin or root password to be able to complete the configuration of the unit?

or should I just dump this product?

0 Kudos
moniblu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where are you deploying the OVA from? The deployment only worked for me from the Flash web client, not from the HTML5. There are some additional steps where you provide an IP that are not available, at least in 6.5.

0 Kudos
bsautter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moniblu,

I am deploying from the VMware vSphere Client.  For some reason, neither Firefox, IE, or Chrome will allow me to deploy an ovf.  the client integration tool has stopped working on my machine, and no matter how many times i try to repair or re-install it will not function.  So the only option i have is to use the Client.

Bill

0 Kudos
moniblu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That might be it then, I'm not sure if the thick client does the customization required. These are the steps I didn't see when I used HTML5 in 6.5 and the appliance didn't work.

Customize the deployment of the Skyline Collector. Customization includes creating a root password and entering static IP address information (optional).

1. A root password is required. The password must be at least 8 characters long.
  2. To configure a dynamic IP address, leave all networking properties boxes empty. To configure a static IP address, enter the information specific to your network. The appliance must be able to resolve the hostnames for vCenter Server, Single Sign-On authentication, and any additional product endpoints (NSX Manager).
  3. Click Next after finishing customizing the template.

(from https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Collector/2.0/install-guide/GUID-3E762243-2F8D-4BC1-848B-F...​ )

If you aren't seeing these screens during the deployment then you might need to get the client integration to work in your vSphere web client first, and then deploy again.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos