VMware Support Community
admarshall
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Re: There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database

I am also having the same problem logging on today, can my account be added too. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello girth ,

As discussed on the other thread, you were able to access Skyline Advisor after logging into CSP. We will mark your question as answered. Thank you for using VMware communities.

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you please share the company name and the email address which you are using to login to Skyline Advisor.

I have dropped an personal message, So that you could share the required details.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please confirm if you are able to login to Skyline Advisor.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please confirm if you are able to login to Skyline Advisor.

0 Kudos
athurston
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I also have the same issue

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@athurston

Thank you for your post. I have sent a personal message. Please reply with the information I requested to check the issue from the backend.

0 Kudos
girth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, I have the same problem in chrome, both in a regular sessions and in incognito mode.

There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database

Please help.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello girth ,

As discussed on the other thread, you were able to access Skyline Advisor after logging into CSP. We will mark your question as answered. Thank you for using VMware communities.

0 Kudos
danielroessner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have a customer that is getting a permissions issue in skyline advisor. “There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database. Do you think you could look up Michael Noone (mnoone@sugar-creek.com) from Sugar-Creek Packing Company and make sure that he is setup correctly? Or could you please direct me to who might be able to help.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Daniel,

Please ask the customer to use Incognito Mode and try accessing Skyline Advisor. I would also recommend you to ask your customer to use MyVMware option instead of CSP and let me know if that helps.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Daniel,

Hope you are doing well. Just wanted to follow up, Please let me know if the Skyline issue you reported in the community is resolved or if any additional help is required?

0 Kudos
RyanMcClay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are having this same issue.   We have tried in incognito mode as well without success.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Ryan,

Please fill the Smartsheet by clicking the link below. We will check this issue from the backend and get back to you.

VMware Skyline Community - Smartsheet.com

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

RyanMcClay

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your quick response. I noticed that the collector has been installed in your environment on Feb 21st, 2019.

It would take 48 hours for the Advisor to activate and give accurate information. Please wait till Feb 23rd and if you face the same issue, make sure you are selecting the right organization while accessing Advisor because sometimes you would have multiple ORG's under the same name and when logged in it would choose the default Organization. If the issue persists, please reply to this post. This should be applicable for Justin Price as well.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

0 Kudos
irrision
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue also:

"There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database.

For Premier Services entitled customers (BCS/MCS/HCS/Telco), please file a Support Request under Product "Skyline Advisor" to get assistance:https://www.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help/

For Production entitlement support customers, please proceed to the Skyline communities for assistance: https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/skyline "

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello irrision,

Thank you for your post.

I checked the account from the backend and got to know that Gregory has registered endpoints using his VMware account.

From the smart sheet information, I understand that Brady is unable to login to Skyline Advisor. Was access given to Brady's VMware account via VMware CSP?

Please ask Gregory to give access to Brady's VMware email ID via Cloud services platform to access Advisor. The procedure is mentioned below.

1. Please login Advisor via CSP link.

2. Click on VMware cloud box on the top Right corner

3. Select Identity and Access Management

4. Add New user

5. Assign Service Roles by selecting Skyline Advisor from the drop-down menu

6. Select User role access

Please try and let me know if the issue persists.

dramonesBCS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Having the same problem, posting to link it in the form.

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Dramones,

I can see the Collector was registered on 27th February 2019, please wait for a couple of days and check the advisor again.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
antt1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue also:

"There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database.

For Premier Services entitled customers (BCS/MCS/HCS/Telco), please file a Support Request under Product "Skyline Advisor" to get assistance:https://www.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help/

For Production entitlement support customers, please proceed to the Skyline communities for assistance:https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/skyline "

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello antt1 ,

Thank you for your post.

Please click the link below and fill all the information. I will check this issue from the backend and get back to you.

VMware Skyline Community - Smartsheet.com

0 Kudos