VMware Support Community
Domesenn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Proactive Findings export

Hi Guys,

When I try to export all proactive findings the csv file contain only the first entry. I use "select all" button and "export" button.

Thanks a lot.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Domenico,

Please try reinstalling Excel or try repair option at your end and let me know if that fixes the issue. As this is beyond my scope of support I would suggest you troubleshoot this issue from Microsoft perspective or contact VMWare IT support.

Please check if you are using 32 bit Excel and upgrade it to 64 bit.

I will go ahead and close the Engineering case and the SR which I raised for No inventory data available issue.

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Welcome to communities.

As per the comments we understand that when you are exporting the findings from Proactive Findings TAB without selecting any findings listed, it would only export the first entry, and when you select all the Proactive Findings it would export all the findings.

1. Open the browser on a incougnito browser and perform the same.

2. Share the account name and email address which is used to register the collector.

We would send a personal message where you could share the information.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
Domesenn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Ashwin,

I need  to export all findings, in attach the export with "select all" and without it. I tried with browser in incognito but the item exported are the same.

Many thanks.

Domesenn.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have sent you a personal message. Please reply with the Organization and email ID so that I can check and get back to you.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As per our understanding, when you select all findings or unselect all the findings, it would export only the findings name and not the findings with the issue and the object for which the issue is reported.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Domesenn,

As discussed, we shall have a web-ex session tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Domesenn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok, Thanks a lot!

Domesenn

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Domesenn,

As discussed, please restart the collector appliance once and try downloading the proactive findings. Will wait for your update.

0 Kudos
Domesenn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Harish,

Bad news, despite the restart of the collector the issue still persist.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Domenico,

Hope you are doing well.

Just wanted to find out if the " No inventory data available" issue has been resolved?

When you download the report from Advisor it would be in CSV format. Please try saving that in Excel format and check from any other system which has a different version of Excel ( 64 bit preferable)

As we observed, this issue seems to be persisting even on the file which I had forwarded to you.

0 Kudos
Domesenn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Harish,

Unfortunately my issue still persist, I follow you suggestion but nothing change. From the support service (SR 19076189702) nobody contact me.

Can you send me again the CSV file with all findings?

I’ll wait your feedback.

Domesenn.

0 Kudos
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Domenico,

Please try reinstalling Excel or try repair option at your end and let me know if that fixes the issue. As this is beyond my scope of support I would suggest you troubleshoot this issue from Microsoft perspective or contact VMWare IT support.

Please check if you are using 32 bit Excel and upgrade it to 64 bit.

I will go ahead and close the Engineering case and the SR which I raised for No inventory data available issue.

0 Kudos