VMware Support Community
itsmattmagbee
Contributor
Contributor

Not permissions--- but a generic failure

My permissions are solid, 

the collectiors are green across the board. 

Everything is working-- But failure still exists..

thoughts ?

Mar 2, 2021 9:14 AM CST
Log Transfer failed for collector 4badeb93-9946-45fe-a6e9-1ebca5bbfaa2
 File Upload Failed:
  • 603e55631b644a4a2d1aeab1_REDACTED-1614698065535.tar.gz
    Reason: We were unable to transfer the support bundle. Please contact support if you continue to experience this issue.

Dear MATTHEW MAGBEE SR.,

The support log bundle transfer has failed for SR #123456789 using Skyline Log Assist. Please try again. If the issue persists, please reach out to your Technical Support Engineer.

Best Regards,

VMware Skyline Team

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello @itsmattmagbee,

Welcome to Skyline Communities, Thank you for sharing all the required details to investigate on the log request failure.

We see there were multiple log requests initiated using Skyline Log Assist.

The log request that were made were having a difference of 10 to 15 minutes which could have caused the request to fail, because of multiple requests at the same time.

Skyline supports one log transfer per collector at a time.

Can we initiate the log request using the case raised under "MATTHEW MAGBEE" to test if there is failure.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
itsmattmagbee
Contributor
Contributor

There were mutliple because it tried after it failed. If that were the case the 1st attempt would have gone through. 

I removed the collectors and re added them and it worked. 

Since then it did not work again, and i made my skyline account admin , then it worked, then i removed it from admin and set it back. And its worked since.

So - not sure whats going on

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @itsmattmagbee,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information about the action take on the Skyline Collector

Re-configuring the collector would have re-authenticated the account utilized with Skyline to configure vCenter.
We also observed a Log Assist issue a couple of days before, which could also be the reason for failure.

Request you to monitor and test the Log Assist functionality to validate if the functionality is working is as expected.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos