VMware Support Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No Proactive Finding

Hi after a recent update no proactive findings are coming up, and I was expecting the L1 Terminal fault one. I have the warning suppressed in our environment until we decide what we want to do, is skyline honoring that now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you for the information, its the new Rule which was applied on the Skyline, which is visible to you now.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

We would like to know the Account name and the email address that is used to register to Skyline Collector, so that we could verify this on the back-end server.

When you say the recent update are you referring to Skyline Collector 2.0.0.2 Update or Endpoint Updates.

I would send a personal message where you could share the details requested.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I send the requested information in a message. I'm not sure, I like the skyline auto update, it is on 2.0.0.2. I had 2 endpoints that were disconnected because one of our platform service controllers stopped working, but I had 2 that have had no problems. We patch these once a month so they are pretty current.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you for sharing the required details.

As per our database, we see that there is one finding for your environment vSphere-L1TerminalFault-VMSA201820-3 "

You should be able to find the update by 01/26/2019

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is still nothing

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you please verify if its still the same error, Make sure you open Advisor in a incognito browser option in Chrome.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Same thing using incognito, and I tried  another machine as well. The icognito mode took alittle longer with the loading circle. I don't know if this help but I found this findings json object in the download and thats empty too( I just deleted part of the domain names.)

{"totalPage":0,"findings":{"data":[],"objectTypes":{"displayName":"Object Type","values":["HostSystem"]},"endpoints":{"displayName":"Source Name","values":["euc-vcenter-up01","euc-vcenter-up02","euc-vcenter-up04","euc-vcenter-up03"]},"findingsCount":0},"pageSize":15,"filters":{"severity":{"displayName":"Severity","values":[]},"category":{"displayName":"Category","values":[]}},"currentPage":1}

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you please share the dates scheduled for "Last Analysis at and Next Analysis at"

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Last Analysis at:01/29/2019 17:28:08 EST

Next Analysis at:01/31/2019 17:28:08 EST

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Last Analysis at: 01/29/2019 17:28:08 EST

Next Analysis at: 01/31/2019 17:28:08 EST

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sorry copy and past is being wierd. Its Last Analyis was 1/29/2019 17:28:08 EST and the Next Analysis is 1/31/2019 at the sane time

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Since the next analysis is yet to be initiated for Advisor, Lets wait for one more day to check the status.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sounds good, I'll wait again, we have had at least 2 go through since I first noticed it. I'll check back tomorrow if its working

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It stayed at loading for awhile today when I checked, but still "no findings available for this account"., I did tried incognito mode again as well. The analysis was done last night at the time mentioned before, and the next one is 2/2

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We are working with Engineering, we should have an update in the next couple of days.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
A13xxx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you still waiting for engineering? i have exactly the same issue and wondering if it takes two gathers for it to actually produce some report

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We are still working with engineering, We should be able to provide you an update soon.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We have now confirmed that there are no Proactive Findings for your environment as on today.

Once we have new rules added, You would start receiving more Proactive Findings.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
A13xxx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks so the error message "there are no findings for this account" just means that there is nothing to fix/ or report? It would be nice to see a report being green

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thank you ashwin_prakash​, I see a new finding now

0 Kudos