VMware Support Community
vsuwaz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

New vCenter Machine SSL breaks Skyline Access

Our vCenter Machine SSL and STS Signing certificates were expiring and were renewed.  Now Skyline is throwing an error about a thumbprint mismatch for what it had versus what now exists.  How do we get Skyline back in sync with our current vCenter certificate?  Should be simple process, but nothing jumps out on searches.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
s_wieland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried to go to the configuration page of the skyline collector, and edit the settings for the affected vCenter. After entering the password for the collector account it updated the certificate in my case. 

sebastianwielan_0-1652774725410.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
aakalan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

lsdoctor can fix the certificate mismatches.

Please run the tool with -l option first and see if there is a mismatch or not. You can paste the output here.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80469

0 Kudos
s_wieland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried to go to the configuration page of the skyline collector, and edit the settings for the affected vCenter. After entering the password for the collector account it updated the certificate in my case. 

sebastianwielan_0-1652774725410.png

vsuwaz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!  This also was the solution for me.  I'd tried adding the same vCenter a second time originally, but was not allowed as it used the same name.  I didn't want to arbitrarily remove the original though without knowing adding it again would fix the issue.  Just Editing the original and providing the password reconnected Skyline to the newly re-certed vCenter.

0 Kudos