VMware Support Community
browney595
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple Skyline Advisor Portals for MSP

We are an MSP who have a large multi tenanted environment that we are deploying collectors to but we also have a large amount of private managed clouds which we would also like to utilise Skyline for but dont want to mix the workloads in the same portal (as the Multi Tenant and Private are managed / supported by different teams) is this possible to have 2 or more on the same account?

Kind Regards

Martin Brown

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fritschn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Martin,

Yes, it is possible to have 2, or more, Cloud Services Organizations (CSP ORG). You can architect, and create, these Organizations however you see fit.

A very important note for creating Cloud Services Organization is that all EAs associated with the individual who creates the Organization (My VMware account) will be associated with the CSP ORG. This is important as Support Requests are opened under an EA, and Skyline will only display Support Requests that are opened under EAs associated with the CSP ORG.

I'll provide an example of this in the following illustrations:

1. Architecting multiple CSP ORGs for multiple teams, or businesses:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.36.43 PM.png

The same individual (My VMware account) can create both of these CSP ORGs, if-needed. We do not limit how many CSP ORGs an individual can create.

In the above example, the Findings for the ACME vCenter Server and NSX Manager are only visible to ACME Skyline Advisor users, and the Findings for the Rainpole vCenter Server and NSX Manager are only visible to the RAINPOLE Skyline Advisor users. Additionally, Skyline Advisor users can only use Log Assist for the products (vCenter Server, ESXi, NSX Manager) visible to them within Skyline Advisor. This is controlled by adding those products to the Skyline Collector associated with the CSP ORG.

Regarding EA Association, and SR Visibility, use the following example for guidance. The keys here are:

1. All EAs associated with the individual who creates the CSP ORG will be associated with the CSP ORG. If you are unsure of the EAs associated with the account you will use to create the CSP ORG, see this KB article: VMware Knowledge Base

2. If a person is a member of 1, or many CSP ORGs, they will only be able to see SRs opened under EAs associated with the CSP ORG.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.50.07 PM.png

If you have any questions concerning this architecture, please let us know. Thank you.

Nick Fritsch,
VMware Technical Marketing Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fritschn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Martin,

Yes, it is possible to have 2, or more, Cloud Services Organizations (CSP ORG). You can architect, and create, these Organizations however you see fit.

A very important note for creating Cloud Services Organization is that all EAs associated with the individual who creates the Organization (My VMware account) will be associated with the CSP ORG. This is important as Support Requests are opened under an EA, and Skyline will only display Support Requests that are opened under EAs associated with the CSP ORG.

I'll provide an example of this in the following illustrations:

1. Architecting multiple CSP ORGs for multiple teams, or businesses:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.36.43 PM.png

The same individual (My VMware account) can create both of these CSP ORGs, if-needed. We do not limit how many CSP ORGs an individual can create.

In the above example, the Findings for the ACME vCenter Server and NSX Manager are only visible to ACME Skyline Advisor users, and the Findings for the Rainpole vCenter Server and NSX Manager are only visible to the RAINPOLE Skyline Advisor users. Additionally, Skyline Advisor users can only use Log Assist for the products (vCenter Server, ESXi, NSX Manager) visible to them within Skyline Advisor. This is controlled by adding those products to the Skyline Collector associated with the CSP ORG.

Regarding EA Association, and SR Visibility, use the following example for guidance. The keys here are:

1. All EAs associated with the individual who creates the CSP ORG will be associated with the CSP ORG. If you are unsure of the EAs associated with the account you will use to create the CSP ORG, see this KB article: VMware Knowledge Base

2. If a person is a member of 1, or many CSP ORGs, they will only be able to see SRs opened under EAs associated with the CSP ORG.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.50.07 PM.png

If you have any questions concerning this architecture, please let us know. Thank you.

Nick Fritsch,
VMware Technical Marketing Manager
0 Kudos