VMware Support Community
Dinger761
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Manual Removal of Collector from Skyline

I have a Skyline Collector registered which, initially, was not working correctly.  This was, therefore, powered down and a new collector deployed using the same IP Address.  In the process, I expected the old collector to be removed from the environment.

This hasn't occurred.  I powered down the replacement collector and powered up the original one to see if I could Deregister it but everytime I click the Deregister button, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I now have two collectors showing in Skyline, each with some information from my vCenter, meaning that any recommendations are doubled up.

Is there a way to manually remove a collector from the environment, so that I can have just the correct information available?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

Welcome to Communities,

As per the information you would like to deregister the a collector from your environment.

Please share the Collector ID which needs to be deregistered, So that we could initiate the de-registration process from the server.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

Welcome to Communities,

As per the information you would like to deregister the a collector from your environment.

Please share the Collector ID which needs to be deregistered, So that we could initiate the de-registration process from the server.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

Thank you for sharing all the required details,

We have initiated the request to remove the collector. It should be removed in the next couple of days.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Meir,

Welcome to communities,

We have provided the option to de-register collector from Cloud Services.

Visit Cloud Services web portal:

VMware Cloud Services | Discovery

Under My Services select Skyline Collector >> Select "Step 5 Manage existing Collectors".

Under Actions, you would have the option to deregister the collector.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos