VMware Support Community
langanjlevine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Manage Endpoint - VC_HOSTS Collection Failed

Capture.PNG

Appears to be some sort of unexpected thumbprint mismatch?  Not sure how to fix.

Just set up Skyline today and VC_Extra and VC_events are working fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi langanjlevine

I am marking this question as correct answer due to inactivity. Please respond to this thread if the issue persists.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Langanjlevine,

Welcome to Skyline Community.

The common reason for 'VC_HOSTS' endpoint to fail is one or multiple ESXi Hosts in vCenter inventory in 'Unresponsive' or 'Disconnected' state.

Please check if any of the ESXi host in the vCenter inventory is disconnected from vCenter.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
langanjlevine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am getting the same error - none of my hosts are disconnected.

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Langanjlevine,

Please let us know a few details at VMware Skyline Community - Smartsheet.com so we can connect with you to understand the issue.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Langanjlevine,

We hope you are doing well,

We believe that Skyline Collector may be running smoothly as of now, we would archive this post.

Please reply to this post if you need additional information or have any other questions that I can help with. 

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
langanjlevine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am unable to check the status of my collectors to see if it is resolved, as I now just get a red exclamation point after signing in to Skyline Advisor Application  .  Already tried clearing cookies and such.

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Langanjlevine,

Thank you for the response.

We will need to check your account details, to validate why you are not able to logon to the Skyline Advisor. Please provide your account information via the following link:

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi langanjlevine

I am marking this question as correct answer due to inactivity. Please respond to this thread if the issue persists.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support
0 Kudos