VMware Support Community
BertVeld1
Contributor
Contributor

Log Transfer Request not showing

This week we had an issue with our vCenter Server which was solved but to investigate what caused the problem support needs the logfiles. So I indicated that we have Skyline and the engineer submitted a request for a Logfile Transfer but it doesn't appear in Skyline even after a second request. What could be the issue here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@BertVeld1 ,

Welcome to Skyline communities !!!

Support Request visibility within the Dashboard, and Log Assist pages, is limited to the logged-in user. The logged-in user to Skyline Advisor will only see Support Requests that they have opened, or currently own. They will not see Support Requests that other team members have opened. This could be one of the possibility why the request could not be seen.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
BertVeld2
Contributor
Contributor

For me that is strange and unexpected. Your right indeed, when I login with the general account we use I see the requests. But I would expect that every authorised collegua can see this requests under the Account Id to approve them.

Something to consider maybe?

Not knowing this did cost me a lot of extra time.

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@BertVeld2 ,

I understand. Thank you for the feedback. VMware is aware of this and we are already working on this. As of now, this is a limitation in the present version. Future releases would have the ability to approve.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos