VMware Support Community
TRScott79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Log Assist requires additional privileges on the Skyline service account. Click here for more details.

I see this message when I log into my skyline appliance, but I've checked and the permissions are correct, I've rebooted the appliance as well and no change.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Scott,

This is a generic message its displayed for every Account though privileges on the Skyline service account were provided, you can validate if this feature is working once you have any open Service Request with VMware GS Support.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Scott,

This is a generic message its displayed for every Account though privileges on the Skyline service account were provided, you can validate if this feature is working once you have any open Service Request with VMware GS Support.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
TRScott79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"generic message" is not the term I'd use, and I'd highly suggest either removing it or wording it differently, whenever someone sees that they are to assume something is incorrect and thus needs correcting.

This is one of a few "generic" messages with skyline that really cause more issues than good.  Food for thought.

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Scott,

We have already had provided this feedback to our engineering team it will be changed in the next version of Advisor 2.2 release tentative date of release is not yet announced.

Let us know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with.

0 Kudos