VMware Support Community
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Log Assist Step 2 lists no Support requests

I have the permissions setup to allow the transfer of log files from a vcenter.  When I select the vcenter under the Log Assist tab and go to step 2 there are no support requests listed.  I have several open. 

Steps followed:

VMware Knowledge Base

Please advise,

Brandon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brandon,

You will not see all SRs listed in log assist. Please use the 'search by SR number or case owner or description and hit enter' option and let me know if you are able to locate the SR to upload logs.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brandon,

The permissions listed in the knowledge base article should be added to the user name used to configure the Skyline collector (not your user name). If this is done, please login to vCenter and share a screenshot of this username showing these roles. Also share a couple of open SRS to which you would like to attach logs.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Narasimha_Prasad  Of course.  I followed the steps exactly.  The service account we are using is utilizing a role that was copied from the build-in read-only role with the additional permissions.  Today I was able to login and see 1 of the several SRS we have open.  I can see 18765139304.  I am UNABLE to see 18833500506.

0 Kudos
fieldingbr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Attached is a pic of the skyline appliance.  Narasimha_Prasad 

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brandon,

You will not see all SRs listed in log assist. Please use the 'search by SR number or case owner or description and hit enter' option and let me know if you are able to locate the SR to upload logs.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos