VMware Support Community
rgb99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is LDAPS possible in 2.5.0.0?

It's great that there's an AD integration with the Skyline Collector 2.5.0.0, but attempting to configure it with port 636 is impossible or am I missing something? There's nowhere to install/upload the LDAPS certificate. Using port 389 is discouraged at my company. Even when using port 389, I only get it to work by specifying a domain controller rather than the domain itself (ad-dc-01.company.com vs company.com). Trying port 636 to a specific DC gives this error: Connection to the AD server failed. Either AD user credentials are wrong or there is a connectivity problem with the AD server. Underlying error: Timeout when doing GSSAPI bind. LDAP connection can’t be established.

I'd love to have some input regarding this issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fritschn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi rgb99​,

At this time, the Skyline Collector (all versions, including 2.5) does not support LDAPS for AD Authentication to the Skyline Collector user interface. This is a current feature request that our product management team is evaluating. Today, the Skyline Collector only supports LDAP.

Any additional questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Nick Fritsch,
VMware Technical Marketing Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fritschn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi rgb99​,

At this time, the Skyline Collector (all versions, including 2.5) does not support LDAPS for AD Authentication to the Skyline Collector user interface. This is a current feature request that our product management team is evaluating. Today, the Skyline Collector only supports LDAP.

Any additional questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Nick Fritsch,
VMware Technical Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
rgb99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you. I hope LDAPS is implemented sooner than later!

0 Kudos