VMware Support Community
JPEDDLE508
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Inaccurate information in Report

The OSR that I am receiving is stating that I need to address KB52085: Hypervisor-Assisted Guest Mitigation for Branch Target injection (52085).

I follow the "Recommendations" outlined in the OSR and find that the patches are already installed on each host.

Possibly a reporting error? (-- Obsoleted by Host)

OSR REport included.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Jeff,

I have found the difference on OSR report with the delivered content from KB and requested guidelines, information to follow as required to fully restrict the problem to appear in your environment as described in the KB VMware Knowledge Base. You have updated an ESXi Host, however, there is few VM 's were Hardware version was not yet updated to 9 or above.

Let me know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Welcome to Communities,

Please share with us your organization name and EA Number, So I can review the OSR report internally.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have messaged you to get some confidential details please reply to me on the separate email thread.

0 Kudos
JPEDDLE508
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good Day VishShah..

What information can I provide to you?

0 Kudos
mSjdubyn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My first report was available last night, after about 1 week and it also had the same issue - showing vulnerabilities for the branch target injection when the vCenter an hosts are fully patched.  Please message me directly so I can provide you with whatever information you require.  If you can't get my info from this post, please let me know how to confidentially provide you that info.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have replied to you get some confidential details please reply to me on the separate email thread.

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Please send me the details of contents of OSR report being inaccurate, change of difference updated on ESXi Host as a Screenshot of Build & Version info including EA Number and organization name at 'shahv@vmware.com'. Thanks

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Jeff,

I have found the difference on OSR report with the delivered content from KB and requested guidelines, information to follow as required to fully restrict the problem to appear in your environment as described in the KB VMware Knowledge Base. You have updated an ESXi Host, however, there is few VM 's were Hardware version was not yet updated to 9 or above.

Let me know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with.

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello mSjdubyn,

I didn't receive any further response as requested in my last message, I would also request you to please review once again the OSR report content with your existing environment else we are always there to assist.

If you find any discrepancy, please send me the brief information about the of the content from OSR which is reportedly being inaccurate, change of difference updated on ESXi Host as a Screenshot of Build & Version info including EA Number and organization name at 'shahv@vmware.com'.

0 Kudos
mSjdubyn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I sent you a copy of the report directly.  My confusion comes from the fact the report has 3 different entries – 1 each for the vCenter, Hosts and VM Versions.  The vCenter and hosts were all updated but
the guests needed their version numbers raised. Is there something I’m missing on the vCenter (page 10) and hosts (page 11) or are they included in error? 

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Jeff,

Please check my internal response, I have sent the detailed clarification with the screenshot.

0 Kudos