VMware Support Community
Chris_Nodak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finding ID NSXT-poorperformanceqedentv-KB#76305 question

We've had this finding in our environment ever since installing NSX-T. 

• Description
    Poor performance for VMs on Overlay Logical Switch when TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO) is enabled on the VMs.

Recommendations

• The issue is resolved in the following driver version: qedentv 3.11.16.0 available from the VMware Hardware Compatibility List.

We are running qedentv 3.11.17 version. However I noticed when I click the link under helpful links, it links to an article about Jumbo Frames and nothing about the driver is mentioned.

Helpful Links

We have Jumbo Frames enabled on our NSX-T ports. My question is, why is it mentioning a driver resolving the issue but linking to a vMotion/Jumbo Frames article?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Nodak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This has been resolved with the latest drivers. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We usually have finding name based on KB. The correct KB article for this finding is https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76305.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice, we will have this corrected. 

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
Chris_Nodak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the updated KB. Which brings me back to the fact that I've already got an updated driver installed on those hosts and still getting this finding?

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

I wanted to check back and validate if you are still getting this recommendation for the same ESXi hosts.

If yes, request you to share the account details and a log bundle from the ESXi host for which you are receiving the recommendation.

Note: Skyline usually takes up to 5 days to update the remediated findings.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
Chris_Nodak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry for lengthy delay in replying. I've looked closer at this today and have determined that though we attempted to set up a baseline with newer drivers, the older drivers were still being used on all except one new host we just put into production, in which I built a custom ISO and added the new drivers manually. I have updated drivers and will setup a new baseline and attempt to upgrade a host to determine if we can resolve this finding and clear it from the list. Thanks for the help.

Chris_Nodak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This has been resolved with the latest drivers. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos