VMware Support Community
mstols
Contributor
Contributor

Error when connecting vCenter to Skyline 2.4.0

When entering FQDN or IP of Vcenter server, Account username like: administrator@vsphere.local or like vsphere.local\administrator we get this error:

Couldn’t create collection task to test endpoint->java.lang.RuntimeException: Could’nt login the client->General failure->Unexpected status code:400

Appliance log says: com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.UnexpectedStatusCodeException: Unexpected status code: 400

Skyline appliance is able to ping to the Vcenter server. I have tried everything.

ESXi version is: 6.7.0, 16075168

vSphere Client version 6.7.0.42000

Skyline version 2.4.0

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Please verify if the vCenter has an external PSC/SSO or if you are using a custom domain instead of vsphere.local. If yes, you need to select the option 'use custom SSO' and update PSC/SSO and domain (vsphere.local or custom domain) details as shown in the below screenshot.

vc config.PNG

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
mstols
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have a Windows Domain system and work with Windows service-accounts to accomplice acces to the Vcenter server. This account has "read only" permissions.

As stated in the installation/configuration manual.

But i have also tried tot connect to the vcenter server with an administrator@vspehere.local account, but it gives the same error.

We don't work with: External PSC/SSO

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Please share your Skyline collector and contact details using the link below. We need to schedule a call for further troubleshooting.

Smartsheet Forms

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mstols

I am curious to know if you still have this issue. Please let us know if you need any assistance from us.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support
0 Kudos
Rvo2Infra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. i have the same problem. did anyone find a solution? thanks.

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello @Rvo2Infra ,

Over time, Skyline permission requirement has been changed.  

Permission Requirement: Ref - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/59661

VMware vSphere

vCenter Server Read-Only Role.

Global.Diagnostics

Global.Health

Global.Licenses

Global.Settings

Host profile.View

Since you are not able to log in from administrator@vsphere.local. Please check the Skyline network configuration. 

Login to console via root account and type /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net

1. Validate network configuration DNS, Gateway information is correct.
  2. Make sure skyline appliance and vCenter are on the same management network. 
  3. Skyline user should be given permission directly on vCenter. It should not be added as a group.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos