VMware Support Community
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Error message: "There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database."

Hi. I've installed the Skyline Collector in our lab environment, paired it with the cloud service etc. according to the getting started guide at Skyline - Getting Started

When trying to access Skyline Advisor Application I'm getting the error message:

---

There was an issue with validating your login credentials against our backend database.

For Premier Services entitled customers (BCS/MCS/HCS/Telco), please file a Support Request under Product "Skyline Advisor" to get assistance: https://www.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help/

For Production entitlement support customers, please proceed to the Skyline communities for assistance: https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/skyline

---

I haven't migrated anything, just started fresh. How do I resolve this? I'm planning on installing Skyline for my customers, but I don't want it to work this badly for them.

Regards,

Anders

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

Login to skyline using admin account and later select collector and we would be able to find the collector id. Please find the screenshot attached for reference.

pastedImage_0.png

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

Can you please use the MyVMware Credentials after selecting   "Login using my VMware"  as shown in the attachment and let us know if you are able to login to the advisor.

pastedImage_0.png

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. I tried logging out and then logging in using MyVMware as the pic shows, but I get the exact same error message after loggning in.

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

Thank you for the reply. Usually, it takes up to 48 hours before we could log in to the advisor after the new deployment is completed. Can you confirm when was the end point added.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok. I added it around 24 hours ago.

Are you sure that's the behavior? Shouldn't the error message say that I need to wait 48 hours rather than claiming that it's an error "validating your login credentials"?

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

I understand that the error is not conclusive. Can you share the collector id in the meanwhile so that I can also check from the backend?

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi again. Now I've waited more than 48 hours, and I'm still getting the same error message, both when logging in using MyVMware or VMware Cloud credentials.

Where do I find the collector ID?

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

Let me check that for you. Kindly share your email address used to register the skyline in the direct message and I shall fetch the required details.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

Login to skyline using admin account and later select collector and we would be able to find the collector id. Please find the screenshot attached for reference.

pastedImage_0.png

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andres,

Please share the collector id and let us know if we are still facing issues connecting to advisor.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
joshua_lory
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Try clearing all cookies for skyline advisor and vmware cloud services log out and log back in. Worked for me. 

0 Kudos