VMware Support Community
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dupe vCenter Objects Collected Following Skyline Topology Change

Anyone know how I can remove duplicate object in the skyline advisor?

During initial deployment, I added vcenters from multiple sites to a single collector appliance, before realising / reading the best practices that you should deploy one collector per datacenter.  Taking this info, I deployed two additional collectors, removed the vcenters from the original appliance, and added them into the appropriate new collectors I had deployed.

Now, when I login to the skyline advisor, it's showing more vcenters that I currently should be monitoring - under the 'total VCs collected' value.

Any idea how I can reconcile this?   Even if it means blowing away the database and getting fresh stats again?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your patience,

We now have fixed the duplicate data for the Endpoint which were being listed in Advisor by manually removing the endpoints from the VMware Server. As The retention process of current implementation of the Topology Service deals with whole frames. I.e. it will not delete a frame if there is still a source that sends data for this frame from any source.

Now in the new report which gets generated you should be able to see accurate data on Skyline Advisor.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Welcome to communities.

Thank you for sharing the detailed information.

When did you make the changes on the collectors, As it take atleast 48hours to refresh the database.

Also we would like to know the below details to check further from Server.

1. Email Address which is used to register Skyline Collector.

2. Collector ID on which the vCenter is registered and also the number of vCenter servers registered to each collector.

You can share the details requested on a personal message, I would send you a personal message.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks - just sent you a private message with the detail.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you for sharing all the required information,

We are working with engineering to understand the cause of the issue, as we are also observing the same information.

We would check this on the server and try to find if there are any stale entries which is causing this issue.

Would keep you posted as soon as we have the issue fixed.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your patience,

We now have fixed the duplicate data for the Endpoint which were being listed in Advisor by manually removing the endpoints from the VMware Server. As The retention process of current implementation of the Topology Service deals with whole frames. I.e. it will not delete a frame if there is still a source that sends data for this frame from any source.

Now in the new report which gets generated you should be able to see accurate data on Skyline Advisor.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos