VMware Support Community
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does Skyline Alert Me?

Hi there,

I configured Skyline as part of the early access invitation. I have been running it for over a week now on our datacentre. This morning we had an outage, it appears that during a storage DRS our PSC appliance went offline consuming 100% memory. My question is, will Skyline have picked up on this outage? and if so, should I have been notified of the fact my vCenter had been down for almost 45 minutes?

Thanks,

John

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi John,

Yes this is short term.We might be integrating more features in our next releases.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi John,

I understand that you had a outage today morning and want to know how skyline works on this cases.As of now skyline collects data and provides summary of issues by means of operational summary report on regular intervals.Since skyline was installed a week before,we have to wait for another two weeks to get the first OSR report which will have the complete summary of your environment.If there is an outage you will not get immediate notifications from skyline like Vcenter server alarms.Please refer the below document for for detailed explanation

VMware Skyline

Regards

Yuvaraj,

Skyline Support Moderator

0 Kudos
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Yuvaraj,

Is this only a short term thing? Our account manager told us during early tasks that Skyline is also a pro-active dial home monitoring system that would alert us during any issue. Is this not the case?

Regards, John.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi John,

Yes this is short term.We might be integrating more features in our next releases.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

0 Kudos