VMware Support Community
Broad_Institute
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deploying Skyline Collector 2.0 - Why am I stuck on Step 5 - Migrate Existing Collectors?

I have Skyline 1.4 but there are no upgrades available to 2.0 so I deployed a new 2.0 appliance.

I have followed the steps here https://skyline.vmware.com.

I have added my vCenter Servers and they are collecting and icons are all green but I am stuck on Step 5 - Migrate Existing Collectors.  The wheel spins and my previous collectors never pop up.  I've left it running overnight.  I've tried three different browsers on three different systems and I can never get past Step 5.

Because of this I can also not get to the Skyline Advisor either - it tells me the site is not available

This site can’t be reached

api-oauth-server-basic-auth-centralized.apps.itcna.vmware.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Thanks,

TK

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Request you to share the collector details, or if Vish has all the details, he should be able to raise a request to remove the old collectors.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chaston
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same message here...if you do a lookup on: https://www.dnsqueries.com/en/dns_lookup.php

Their domain isn't found....

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello TK,

Welcome to communities.

As we understand that while installing and configuring the new Skyline collector 2.0, it would be asking you to add a Token which has been created in CSP.

Let us know if you have completed this process.

If this process is completed and then you have added vCenter to Skyline it means that you have already complected the CSP migration.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
Broad_Institute
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ashwin,

Thanks for the reply.  I had received communication from Vish already that myself and another customer were affected by the issue with migrating Collectors and VMware resolved on the back end.

I was then able to see and complete the migration process.

I am currently all set with the exception of having both the new and old (1.4) Collector present in the Cloud Service panel.  I cannot seem to remove the old Connector - is that something VMware has to do or is there a process once we are on on 2.0 to remove the Skyline 1.4 Collector?

Thanks again,

TK

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Request you to share the collector details, or if Vish has all the details, he should be able to raise a request to remove the old collectors.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos