VMware Support Community
ririmia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

De-Register and/or Re-Register a Skyline Collector

Hello,

I'm trying to follow https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74677 and at the step 9 from "Re-Register the Skyline Collector" I can't access the "Initial Configuration wizard".

I'm log in with admin account in to the appliance Skyline Collector user interface and I only see that Collector is Running.

How can I 'force' the "initial configuration wizard" again?

I need to re-register with a new token. The collector is already De-registered from Skyline Advisor Dashboard.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ririmia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi DurhamNeil,

Thanks for your answer.

The collector is already de-registered from Cloud portal. I was in a need to register the same collector appliance with a different token id without a need to reinstall the entire appliance.

Later on I found the solution by removing the file /usr/local/skyline/ccf/config/generated/CollectorConfig.json

You can create a backup of endpoints configurations folder and copy it back after you complete the new configuration.

/usr/local/skyline/ccf/config/generated/endpoints

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DurhamNeil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Howdy,

Did you power down the collector & wait an hour before deregistering it from online skyline advisor? It sounds like your collector is still registered.

When I look at my collector which is running and registered, there is no sign of the 'initial configuration wizard' anywhere. It sounds like yours still think's it's registered! 🙂

It's all new to me, I'm only part way through the free course atm. Skyline Advisor Pro Technologist (vmware.com)

Good luck!

Neil

VCP-DVC 2022 & CCNA
0 Kudos
ririmia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi DurhamNeil,

Thanks for your answer.

The collector is already de-registered from Cloud portal. I was in a need to register the same collector appliance with a different token id without a need to reinstall the entire appliance.

Later on I found the solution by removing the file /usr/local/skyline/ccf/config/generated/CollectorConfig.json

You can create a backup of endpoints configurations folder and copy it back after you complete the new configuration.

/usr/local/skyline/ccf/config/generated/endpoints

0 Kudos