VMware Support Community
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Configure SAML auth / SSO with Skyline Advisor?

I'd really like to leverage Okta to grant access to Skyline advisor, potentially to even handle the user provisioning portion too.

I think the answer is going to be a big, fat, "No", but is it possible to use IDPs such as Okta for SSO / SAML auth to skyline?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello mrstorey303​,

Kindly check for  below documenation..

Configure Okta for Single Sign On

Configure VMware CSP for Single Sign On

Let me know if you have any further queries on velocloud.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perfect!  many thanks - forgive my ignorance, but these guides are specifically for Velocloud / VMware's SD-WAN products - presumably they're provided here because both Velocloud and Skyline are services which run in the same cloud service, and are therefore subject to the same authentication options?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello mrstorey303​,

For free solution to get this SSO configured. I would also suggest to check for VMware Identity Manager.

Setting Up Federated Identity Management

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks - unfortunately there's no appetite to deploy another IDP - we're heavily invested in Okta so we'd like to use this really.

It looks entirely possible to do - I just could use some advice with what values to set for the login redirect URIs on both sides / the SP and the IDP.

I have a ticket open with VMware support but I think this is uncharted territory for them - they're asking re: 'What errors are you getting' etc.  I'm not really at that point - I could guess some values to generate errors, but not sure if that's a sensible way to progress the conversation! Smiley Happy

I'll keep hacking away, but if there's any bright spark out there who's done this, I'd appreciate talking to them!

0 Kudos