Recently (last week) ditched an old and neglected collector for a shiny new 2.4 collector. It's been running since then, but still no inventory or findings.
The collector is registered, healthy, and associated. However when I get down to vCenter under the collector's products, I see this:
Data for this product isn't available and processed yet. Please try again later.
This has been this way since installation I think. Any advice or next steps recommended?
Welcome to Skyline Communties !!!
Kindly login to advisor using incoginto or private window and see if the data is being populated to rule out browser cache issue. Considering that the deployment is new, it takes a while for the inventory to be seen. If the issue still persists, we will need to investigate further. Please share your account details using the following link:
Hi and thanks for your reply. I should have made clear that the installation is about a week old. I assumed I'd see something after a few days.
I did try to log into Skyline via a different browser and see the same thing.
Thank you for the update. Let me investigate further. Please share your account details using the below link:
Thank you for the details. I notice that the inventory information is not populated. Please re-authenticate the endpoints.
In a Web browser, go to the Skyline Collector https://collector-IP-address-or-FQDN
Log in as admin.
On the configuration tab - Click edit and reenter the password and click update. Perform the steps for all the endpoint
Validate that there are no errors reported under
If there are any errors validate if the required ports are open. Refer to page 5 of the below document for network requirements.
Inventory data analysis typically occurs every 12 to 18 hours.
I checked the endpoint status as you suggested. I see everything is reporting good status (all check mark). I have two vCenter servers and all three elements for each are successful, all reporting recent uploads:
|Message||VsanInfo: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; vim.alarm.Alarm: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; HostProfile: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; ; uploaded: 0/1|
an hour ago
|Last execution||7 hours ago|
|Message||EsxCli: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; ; uploaded: 0/2|
|Last execution||41 minutes ago|
Thanks again for your continued assistance,
One more thing, I want to verify is, if the DNS and gateway entries are correct for the Skyline collector.
Login to https://collector-IP-address-or-FQDN/:5480 as root and validate the network settings.
If the values are correct, please login back to Skyline Collector https://collector-IP-address-or-FQDNas admin.
Remove the endpoints and add the endpoints
I checked the DNS and that was correct. I deleted each endpoint entry and re-created each one. I suppose we should give it some time now to collect and upload. I will check again tomorrow.
Please let us know if your Skyline Advisor is updated now.
Hi sorry for delay.
I'm afraid that we have the same result. The collector and endpoints appear healthy and connected, but no inventory.
Please log in to the Skyline collector console as root and run the below commands to verify the connectivity with the VMWare sites. If the connectivity fails, please verify firewall/proxy settings to ensure that the collector is able to communicate with these sites.
#curl -v telnet://vcsa.vmware.com:443
#curl -v telnet://vapp-updates.vmware.com:443
Both commands were successful.
Please login to my vmware and create a service request by choosing 'Skyline' under vsphere. We may need assistance from Skyline engineering in resolving this issue.
I am curious to know if you're still facing this issue. Please let us know if you need any assistance from us.
I have verified that the Advisor is updated now.