VMware Support Community
JoshTibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Collector running but no inventory - v2.4

Recently (last week) ditched an old and neglected collector for a shiny new 2.4 collector. It's been running since then, but still no inventory or findings.

The collector is registered, healthy, and associated. However when I get down to  vCenter under the collector's products, I see this:

Data for this product isn't available and processed yet. Please try again later.

This has been this way since installation I think. Any advice or next steps recommended?

Thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
14 Replies
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @JoshTibbs,

Welcome to Skyline Communties !!!

Kindly login to advisor using incoginto or private window and see if the data is being populated to rule out browser cache issue. Considering that the deployment is new, it takes a while for the inventory to be seen. If the issue still persists, we will need to investigate further. Please share your account details using the following link:

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
JoshTibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks for your reply. I should have made clear that the installation is about a week old. I assumed I'd see something after a few days.

I did try to log into Skyline via a different browser and see the same thing.

Thank you!

Josh

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the update. Let me investigate further. Please share your account details using the below link:

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the details. I notice that the inventory information is not populated. Please re-authenticate the endpoints.

In a Web browser, go to the Skyline Collector https://collector-IP-address-or-FQDN

On the configuration tab - Click edit and reenter the password and click update. Perform the steps for all the endpoint

Validate that there are no errors reported under

VC_EXTRA

VC_HOSTS

VC_CHANGES

If there are any errors validate if the required ports are open. Refer to page 5 of the below document for network requirements.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Collector/2.4/GUID-EAADC010-188A-4CD5-9D55-0F047D86528F-1-...

Inventory data analysis typically occurs every 12 to 18 hours.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
JoshTibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Srikanth,

I checked the endpoint status as you suggested. I see everything is reporting good status (all check mark). I have two vCenter servers and all three elements for each are successful, all reporting recent uploads:

Examples:

VC_EXTRA

MessageVsanInfo: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; vim.alarm.Alarm: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; HostProfile: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; ; uploaded: 0/1
StateUPLOAD_SUCCESSFUL
Payload File-
Payload Size-
Last execution

an hour ago

VC_CHANGES

Messageuploaded: 0/31
StateUPLOAD_SUCCESSFUL
Payload File-
Payload Size-
Last execution7 hours ago

VC_HOSTS

MessageEsxCli: Successfully collected at the scheduled interval; ; uploaded: 0/2
StateUPLOAD_SUCCESSFUL
Payload File-
Payload Size-
Last execution41 minutes ago

Thanks again for your continued assistance,

Josh

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Josh,

One more thing, I want to verify is, if the DNS and gateway entries are correct for the Skyline collector.

Login to https://collector-IP-address-or-FQDN/:5480 as root and validate the network settings.

If the values are correct, please login back to Skyline Collector https://collector-IP-address-or-FQDNas admin.

Remove the endpoints and add the endpoints

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
JoshTibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Srikanth,

I checked the DNS and that was correct. I deleted each endpoint entry and re-created each one. I suppose we should give it some time now to collect and upload. I will check again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Josh

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Josh,

Please let us know if your Skyline Advisor is updated now.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
JoshTibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sorry for delay.

I'm afraid that we have the same result. The collector and endpoints appear healthy and connected, but no inventory.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Josh,

Please log in to the Skyline collector console as root and run the below commands to verify the connectivity with the VMWare sites. If the connectivity fails, please verify firewall/proxy settings to ensure that the collector is able to communicate with these sites.

#curl -v telnet://vcsa.vmware.com:443

#curl -v telnet://vapp-updates.vmware.com:443

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
JoshTibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Narasimha,

Both commands were successful.

Screenshot 2020-06-15 15.34.08.png

Thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Josh,

Please login to my vmware and create a service request by choosing 'Skyline' under vsphere. We may need assistance from Skyline engineering in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi JoshTibbs​,

I am curious to know if you're still facing this issue. Please let us know if you need any assistance from us.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support
0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I have verified that the Advisor is updated now.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos