VMware Support Community
Gadgetgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cant get through the wizard

I attempted to complete the wizard but something is wrong. I added my vCenter, but status for the collector says there are no vCenter servers added.  When I try to add it I get a message that states it is already added.

Your collector has no vCenter or NSX Managers configured. Go to Settings to add one.

Adding the vCenter:

The certificate provided by your vCenter is not valid (Certificate Thumbprint [2f03d7bc9697f8792e4ad772376b5c9fd5bc8564]). 
Press "CONTINUE" if you would like to continue using an invalid certificate.

then

An attempt has been made to add an endpoint that has already been added.

Rebooting the appliance just puts me back into the registration wizard. 

Your collector id is: 9b80495c-cb9e-3ff0-b120-ead03299bc4b

Should I re-deploy the virtual appliance and try again?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello ,

I have a confirmation from the development team, the issue should be at the Browser level, they have recommend to clear the cache and test again.

Please confirm if the issue resolved after clearing the cache, we will need to investigate further if the issue persists.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello.

We are able to see your appliance has been successfully registered and it has a vCenter added to it.

It could be an issue at the Appliance UI level, We are checking with our development team on the issue, we will send you an update shortly.

In the meanwhile please try to clear the cache of the browser you are using and check the page again, you can also try to open the UI page in a private window.  

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello ,

I have a confirmation from the development team, the issue should be at the Browser level, they have recommend to clear the cache and test again.

Please confirm if the issue resolved after clearing the cache, we will need to investigate further if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Team,

We have not received an update on the thread, I hope clearing the browser cache should have resolved the issue.

We will proceed to archive the thread.

0 Kudos
Gadgetgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It did do something, yes. I have seen email summaries so it seems to be uploading data.

0 Kudos