VMware Support Community
jerwald
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't register second collector

I'm trying to deploy a second collector so as not to have more than 10 vCenters linked to one, but it wont let me register the second with the same email i've used to register the first. I've redeployed and rebooted a couple times, still with no luck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Jerwald ,

There was an issue at our back-end  server which has been resolved. Please, re-attempt for registration following a reboot of the Skyline appliance and that should take care of the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Yuvaraj

Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi jerwald,

I understand that we have issues while registering the second collector appliance.Can you please help me with error message which you are getting during the registration of the second appliance.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

0 Kudos
jerwald
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

after the initial deployment, when I log into the web interface and am doing the initial registration, I get to step 3 - "link MyVmare account". I plug in my email and password and click "link account" and it whirs for a minute and then comes back with a red box that says "we encountered a problem while processing your registration. If the problem persists, please contact Vmware support: https://vmware.com/ca/support/contacts.html"

I'm using the same email that i received the invite from and that I've used to successfully register another (my first) collector with. I also validated that I am still able to login to my.vmware.com with.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Jerwald,

Thanks for the response.I will check this with our engineering team and update you the progress.

Regards

Yuvaraj

0 Kudos
jerwald
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks much, I went ahead and tried to deploy a third collector on another of my geos -- I was trying to determine if it was a site specific issue or something on VMware's side, but I'm getting the same error on it as well. I've got a support ticket open with VMware but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm leaning more towards this is an issue on that end with my account registration. Is there a limit on how many collectors I can register to one account?

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Jerwald ,

Thanks for the response.I have confirmed that this is not an issue with your account and there is no limitations with the number of collectors you can register.This seems to be an issue with our server,I have already raised this with our engineering team.I will update you once I hear from them.

Regards,

Yuvaraj

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Jerwald ,

There was an issue at our back-end  server which has been resolved. Please, re-attempt for registration following a reboot of the Skyline appliance and that should take care of the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Yuvaraj

0 Kudos