VMware Support Community
bsquillace
Contributor
Contributor

Active directory Login not working after it configures sucessfully in version 1.3

I was able to configure AD authentication (see below) but I can not login with my AD account. According to user guide, I should just be using my AD user name (no domain) and password. Every time I try I get an Invalid Credential when I know the password is correct yet I still get the below error.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Please try the below steps and update the status.

1 Type the complete username while trying to login.

2 Make sure that Kerberos (GSSAPI) authentication is supported in your AD environment.

3 Try default port 636 and verify, if that works.

4 Ping the domain controller from your Skyline collector (nc -vz 1.1.1.1 636) and confirm if the port is open.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
pvhsjivnjt
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I do not see any troubleshooting information in the documentation.  I tried to log in as root on the console but cannot get in via SSH or console.  Is this locked down?  If not I goofed and also need instructions on going into single user mode to change the root password for this linux variant.

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Root access may not be enabled for the appliance. Please follow the steps below to enable root access.

1 Right click collector vm > open console

2 Via console, login as root

3 Open /etc/ssh/sshd_config with a text editor

4 Modify the line PermitRootLogin to PermitRootLogin yes

5Save changes and restart the collector VM

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
txadmin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue here.  Any resolution?

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

We would request you to please elaborate little more details about the issue, and pattern of symptoms during initial deployment or it failed to login after Collector deployment.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello txadmin,

Please let me know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with, else can we procced to archive this post.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi ,

This issue might be related to  environment which does not support kerberos anonymous authentication. LDAP authentication is supported in future releases which is an alternate solution for configuring AD

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

0 Kudos