VMware Cloud Community
WASCAMER
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vsphere Replication - Replications Backup

Hello. I am starting using SRM and VRMS and looking for the way how to store all replications to be able to import it if I will VRMS will be destroyed.

I was trying import export tool - Syntax of the Import/Export Tool (vmware.com) but when I have setup replication export data destroyed and import it, the replication is not back 😞 Do You have some other way how to have replications backup when I will have 1000vms ? I know that is export to csv but this way is not good for me

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WASCAMER
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi Wascamer,

"setup replication export data destroyed and import it, the replication is not back"

1. setup replication
  2. export data
  3. destroyed
  4. import it, the replication is not back

In Step 3 (destroy) what are you doing? are you stopping replication and leaving the data or stoping replication and destroying the data...

If there is no seed data, the import will find nothing to do....

Please provide more details and command examples of what you are doing for all steps, in case there is something else that is missed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
WASCAMER
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

s

0 Kudos
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

In Step 1 do you let the initial sync complete? can you perform a test failover to verify?

"Step 2 I am removing replications from GUI"

Please give more details, there is an option to remove the job and an option to remove the data when you click stop replication.

0 Kudos
WASCAMER
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In Step 1 do you let the initial sync complete? can you perform a test failover to verify? - yes failover is working fine

"Step 2 I am removing replications from GUI" - I am completely removing via remove option In replications tab

0 Kudos