VMware Cloud Community
rdemartini2
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication Stops at 99% and never finishes ...

Hello All;

I have an on-prem to SDDC SRM deployment and two of our replications go as far as 99% and it stops there never to complete.

Keep in mind I have 33 replications and only 2 behave this way. The other 31 are running every day and have been for over a year. VMware support has not been able to resolve this issue for over a year! They keep looping me to the on-prem network being the culprit but that's just not the problem. As stated earlier 31 replications work flawlessly and 2 fail so how can that be the network. Our firewall logs show that the traffic is getting there and leaving on-prem.

Anyone else experience this same issue? This has put us in a position that management is going to scrap SRM and VMC on AWS at renewal time. I'd like to see this resolved one of these days. LOL

SRM and VR are both 8.3

2021-03-31_11-03-11.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Do you have any kind of network/anti-virus/malware monitoring solution? I've heard of a rare case where there was a file that was placed on VMs to confirm that the monitoring/prevention tool worked (it would detect the file being transmitted and remove it) which then prevented the replication from completing.

Have you tried cloning the VMs in question? Removing them from the domain (I had a situation a long time ago where an AD setting prevented a failover). What about moving the same VMs (or a clone) to a different network?

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@rdemartini2 ,

Adding to what 'vbrowncoat' had already mentioned. I had come across this issue and the possible solutions were the following:

1. Enable network compression in replication wizard for this VM.

2. If issue persists, disable guest unmap within this VM. For instructions, you can refer this KB --> https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150251 

Step.2 resolved this issue on most of the instances I had come across.

0 Kudos
rdemartini2
Contributor
Contributor

Trying the AD thing now with a scratch clone of the offending VM. Will update with results.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Although it's not very likely that you are still running vSphere 6.7 Update 1 or earlier, I'd like to mention https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/71175.
This resolved a similar replication issue for me (one of my customers).

André

0 Kudos
mirchu
Contributor
Contributor

you should updread its new version.once I also faced this problem but after guidance from support and community,I upgread new version and solved this problem.........thnx for everyone who supported me

Regards:power flush

0 Kudos