VMware Cloud Community
vmsysadmin20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

unable to retrieve resource mappings data

Hi all,

Trying SRM 5.8 in my lab before the production deployment, and I'm running into an issue configuring resource mappings. I was able to successfully pair the sites, but after I add a new resource mapping pair, I get "unable to retrieve resource mappings data" message from the GUI.

Checked the SRM logs and don't see anything relevant... Hoping that someone can provide an insight on where to look to fix this issue. Thanks!

pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmsysadmin20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I figured it out - apparently the issue was the DNS resolution. My Prod VC was unable to resolve the DR VC hostname (although I've used IP addresses for the SRM install). Once I've added the name resolutions to both VCs local hosts file, I was able to see the resource mapping lists.

Leaving it here just in case some else will run into this issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vmsysadmin20111
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I figured it out - apparently the issue was the DNS resolution. My Prod VC was unable to resolve the DR VC hostname (although I've used IP addresses for the SRM install). Once I've added the name resolutions to both VCs local hosts file, I was able to see the resource mapping lists.

Leaving it here just in case some else will run into this issue.

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing your resolution.

0 Kudos
dkinsey
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos