VMware Cloud Community
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

unable to connect to VSA -- CMC is too old

this is what i get. i downloaded the latest SRA from vmware.com and latest CMC version as well ..

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/jre/bin/java" -cp "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/UI.jar" com.lefthandnetworks.commandline.Srm.Srm < "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/XMLinput.xml""

ERROR: command to address 192.168.2.95 failed because the version of the CMC is too old. Call customer support for assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gauche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I assume this means you have updated to SAN/iQ 8 on your nodes already then? For all LeftHand SANs you have to run a same, or newer, UI and management apps.

So a SAN/iQ 7 UI or SRA will not manage a SAN/iQ 8 SAN.

There is a UI and SRA for SAN/iQ 8.

Anyone can get the UI off the lefthand website, where you download the VSA, here...

For the SRA, you can get that off our website if you have a customer or partner login, just search for "SRA" or "SRM". The more widely available access on VMware's site will be updated to SAN/iQ 8 SRA soon. SAN/iQ 8 was just released 2 or 3 weeks ago (Nov 25th 2008) so the SRA has not yet made it all the way through the meat grinder to get it on the VMware website yet. I apologize for the delay.

Adam Carter

Product Manager

LeftHand Networks, an HP company

Adam Carter Product Manager LeftHand Networks, an HP company

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kucharski
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Do you need a copy of the console executable? I have it and can send it to you, but it is like 60mb. Let me know.

Michael

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

sure .. what bout upload to rapidshare.com ? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
gauche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I assume this means you have updated to SAN/iQ 8 on your nodes already then? For all LeftHand SANs you have to run a same, or newer, UI and management apps.

So a SAN/iQ 7 UI or SRA will not manage a SAN/iQ 8 SAN.

There is a UI and SRA for SAN/iQ 8.

Anyone can get the UI off the lefthand website, where you download the VSA, here...

For the SRA, you can get that off our website if you have a customer or partner login, just search for "SRA" or "SRM". The more widely available access on VMware's site will be updated to SAN/iQ 8 SRA soon. SAN/iQ 8 was just released 2 or 3 weeks ago (Nov 25th 2008) so the SRA has not yet made it all the way through the meat grinder to get it on the VMware website yet. I apologize for the delay.

Adam Carter

Product Manager

LeftHand Networks, an HP company

Adam Carter Product Manager LeftHand Networks, an HP company
0 Kudos
kucharski
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

That could be my problem why I get an error message trying to connect to the DiskArray Manager within the SRM software. I am using VSA verison 8 but got the adapter when I registered for the trial version of SRM. So I might have the latest adapter that needs to be installed on the VC/SRM server then. Let me know what you think.

Michael

0 Kudos