VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

srm install

i will install srm 8.0 and will user vsphere replication. before install srm insall I need some things to pay attention to and examples of how to set up and some examples of tests. also what are the things to be checked in the infrastructure before installation. Is there a preliminary document for installation. Can I find them on the partner page ?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @ferexderta ,

I would suggest going for 8.1 and later versions. Following are few things to check before deploying them

1. vCenter version and interoperability --> https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php#interop&2=&647= 

2. Ensure the same version of vSphere replication and SRM are deployed 

3. vSphere replication and SRM admin guide's --> 

vSphere replication 8.1   SRM 8.1 

vSphere replication docs  SRM docs 

If you wish to deploy SRM as an appliance instead of windows installation, 8.2 and later versions can be deployed.

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

0 Kudos
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there any documentation about srm on the partner page. Regarding the preparations before starting, such as an excel file. partner page has changed and I couldn't find anything

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't have much information on partner page. 

@scott28tt Hi Scott, Would you have any idea or might know someone who has information about such documents on VMware Partner's portal ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ashilkrishnan 

Sorry, I'm not the right person to be asking - I have no idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos