VMware Cloud Community
inforhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

no Site recovery manager icon display on web client

After install SRM 5.8(with embeded DB ) on the same server as VC 5.5U2 with no errors, I login in via web client,but not site recovery manager icon displays on the home inventory.

but in the other site which is been setup as the same way, I can see the icon,and it works fine

has anybody experience the same issues?

By the way, on the vsphere client plug-in,I can see the "Site recovery manager" plug-in

5 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

In the spirit of "have you restarted it" - have you tried restarting the vSphere Web Client service?

Best regards

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
inforhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have reboot the machine, but with no luck.

Finally, I unintall/reinstall  SRM and got the icon,but with new error occurs when pairing the two SRMs :

Failed to connect Site Recovery Manager Server(s).

Cause:

Failed to retrieve pairs from Site Recovery Manager Server at https://<vc hostname>:8095/dr.

there is a KB(2093902)mentioned the same issue,but not the exact  solution for my pairing issue.

I think th new version 5.8.x is not stable

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you confirm that the SRM service is running? I believe the web client won't show the SRM icon if the SRM service is stopped as per the release notes -> VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.8 Release Notes

Site Recovery Manager plugin does not display in the vSphere Web Client if Site Recovery Manager service stops.

After you install Site Recovery Manager and the service stops for any reason, the vSphere Web Client does not display the Site Recovery Manager plugin.Workaround: Restart the vSphere Web Client.

0 Kudos
felbam
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to fix the error: "Failed to retrieve pairs from Site Recovery Manager Server at https://<vc hostname>:8095/dr"?

I am having the same issue

0 Kudos
dkintsat
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, this issue was caused by the NetApp VSC 6.1 client plugin.  I was able to resolve by first completely removing the SRM plugin, then uninstalling VSC, and finally re-installing SRM with the existing database.  Both plugins work with VSC 6.0.

0 Kudos