VMware Cloud Community
nrrami
Contributor
Contributor

guest operating system administrators and application owners can log into their recovered virtual machines to verify functionality

Hi All,

Kindly I would like to know the best way to check the functionality of VM's on recovery site after running test recovery Plan (ruuning on default isolated network in Recovery Site)

Normally I can access them through vsphere console but is there any other way to access the VM's?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Take a look at this post: How to exploit the test bubble for all its worth - VMware vSphere Blog - VMware Blogs

It offers a few different options like: dual homed RDP server and View/VDI desktops deployed into the test bubble. Does this answer your question?

nrrami
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for response.

Yes this part may answer the question but it is general and may need to be elaborated

"now we need to provide access to people to do testing.  While this can be done via the Virtual
Infrastructure Client, that is often not the best way.  It requires resources beyond what an RDP or VNC connection direct to the VM requires, and best practices for
VirtualCenter suggest less than 20 connections to VC at one time.

There are several suggestions that can help with this access issue:

• You can have PC’s that are connected directly to the isolated VLAN. I have set this up in shared workspaces like coffee rooms and classrooms.  People are able to work as they expect due to the shared infrastructure services in the isolated VLAN like AD or DNS. 
  • Another example, and my favorite is to have one or more VDI servers that have access to the isolated VLAN and then users can connect from their own desk using a browser to the VDI server and have access to a desktop VM on the inside of that isolated VLAN.  This requires the VDI server to have two network cards – one for the isolated VLAN, and one for
    the corporate network.  This VDI server is NOT a router so it will not break the important isolation rule."

0 Kudos