VMware Cloud Community
imompero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

can I recover without the protected site being available

I know is sounds silly but if my protected site disappeared in a disaster, will I be able to bring up my protected VMs in the recovery site? Of course provided that I have the necessary infrastructure available in the recovery site.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes that is exactly what SRM is designed for - when designing your SRM environment you will have to size the recovery site sufficiently to uspport the workloads you want to protect

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes that is exactly what SRM is designed for - when designing your SRM environment you will have to size the recovery site sufficiently to uspport the workloads you want to protect

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
imompero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you very much, will be setting it up for the first time this week, any good sources to check out for an initial install?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

not off hand - the VMware documentation is usually pretty good - http://pubs.vmware.com/srm-51/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/srm-install-config-5-1.pdf - if you are a VMware Partner there is documentation available from Partner Central and I believe there might be some guides on line you can Google - 

0 Kudos