VMware Cloud Community
sunvmman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

after upgrading to recoverpoint 3.2 sp2

consistency group -oracledb is not in Auto SRM mode thus SRM can not perform operations on it during that time. SRM can perform operation on consistency groups only in Auto SRM mode. Please fix the group's Policy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sunvmman, not sure what your question is, but I'm going to take a guess...

RecoverPoint 3.2 introduced the ability to configure consistency groups to be soley managed by SRM. This is configured through the RP GUI. I'm still unclear as to whether this is required for SRM to work (have a call into EMC to find out before we upgrade to 3.2). Can you shed some light on your configuration or setup? Were you previously running RP 3.2 SP1 or 3.1.x?

Thanks,

Alex.

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

afontana,

On 3.2 SP1 here. My tests show that it is required to have Consistency Groups in SRM managed mode to actually execute a Test on a Recovery Plan. I have attempted with a CG in maintenance mode and also with no Cluster/SRM support.

Cheers!

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks Tim. I was afraid of this, but I think we'll be OK.

My concern was with this new feature and how it affects Replication Manager. In order for RM to initiate an RP bookmark the CG needs to be placed in maintenance mode. A patch for RM has been released to EMC support that lets RM place the CG in maintenance mode. This will be an issue for folks wanting to upgrade to RecoverPoint 3.2 and that are currently running SRM and Replication Manager.

-alex

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Way off topic but...good call on the RM concerns!

Cheers!

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
sunvmman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it seems first i need to set the "vCenter SErver" .. however, no matter what i can not get it to use the vcenter.

tells me the credentials are wrong - you had the issue ?

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I believe you're refering to the vCenter Server definition within the RecoverPoint client. I did not experience any issue with that.

What's the error?

Are you 1) Using Windows domain credentials that have administrative access to vCenter 2) (IIRC) Using the DOMAIN\username convention for user definition?

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos