VMware Cloud Community
LuisP_VCP_Noob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Will changing RPO's (say from 1hr to 15min) cause the Datastores to Initialise a Full sync?

Hi all,

Here is an SRM noob question:

I currently have a VM with 2 disks attached to it (60Gb and a 400Gb) and it's currently replicating every 1hour..

Will changing RPO's (say from 1hr to 15min) cause the Datastores to Initialise a Full sync?

It has Successfully replicated and all... can restore at the DC... however when I change the RPO times and click next and next and next it doesn't tell me it will re-use the existing disks... Should I point to it and have it prompt me to re-use the .vmdks

Any comments will be appreciated.

thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Changing the RPO does not cause the replication to enter initial full sync state. When you have launched the wizard in Reconfigure(edit) mode, it will not tell you that it will re-use the existing disks, but it is aware of that. That said, you can adjust the RPO safely.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Changing the RPO does not cause the replication to enter initial full sync state. When you have launched the wizard in Reconfigure(edit) mode, it will not tell you that it will re-use the existing disks, but it is aware of that. That said, you can adjust the RPO safely.

0 Kudos
LuisP_VCP_Noob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your help Biliana..

You are correct I changed the RPO to 15min and Clicked next until the end... it then provides a summary explaining to use the "existing disks" took a couple of seconds but it was safely changed..

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos