VMware Cloud Community
Buddhi01
Contributor
Contributor

Vsphere replication tab shows me an error "storage is not found for datastore path......"

I am getting the following attached error when trying to configure the replication for a particular vm. this error occurred in a lab environment. I successfully ran a recovery process to the DR site once and after that re protect operation also succeeded. and then i tried to run the recovery process from the production site to DR again. at that time i got this error. please help me to resolve this.

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you please check if the target datastore [datastoreDR] is available and accessible?

0 Kudos
Buddhi01
Contributor
Contributor

yeah that is available and accessible. I removed the vm from the inventory and added again it to the inventory from the local datastore. and after that i configured VR again and it succeeded. after that replication is working fine. but you know we can't remove the vm from the inventory in a production environment. this error happens after the reprotect runs.

0 Kudos
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To summarize, you have been replication from Production to DR site. You have run the following:

1) Run Recovery from Production to DR site (it was OK)

2) Run Reprotect to reverse replication from DR to Production site

3) Run Recovery again which should recover the VMs back on the Production site, right?

In order to start replicating from Production to DR site, you should run reprotect one more time so that now you have replication going from Production to DR site again.Could you try to repeat the scenario again? If problems still exist I will suggest to open SR and attach logs. Thanks

Buddhi01
Contributor
Contributor

yes. i cannot do the production to DR reprotect. that is the case. i'll try to get the support from vmware. thank for your response.

0 Kudos